WWW.CPRDIESELROSTER.COM

CP H24-66, RSD-17 : 8900-8921

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The 8900s group was the domain of the CLC/FM built H24-66 units, nicknamed "Trainmaster". They had the "opposed piston" engine : a 2-38D-81/8 model 12 cylinder engine with 24 pistons, generating 2,400 Hp. These were the first units of any manufacturer to reach 2,400 Hp. in 1955, and originally set up to run long hood forward. CP #8921 was a one of a kind MLW RSD-17, which went to CP, CN, and PGE as a demonstrator unit before CP eventually bought this unit in 1959

 

 

2010 Wilco van Schoonhoven