CP 1640 AT THUNDER BAY, ON.
Built by : GMD
Built in : 1957 as CP 8653
Serial Number : A 1109
Class : DS-17
Paint Scheme : CP Rail no-Multimark
This Photo : Mark Boesche, 2004
Other Photos (chronological) :
1. CP 8653 at Port Coquitlam, B.C., painted in the CP Rail Large Multimark paint scheme. Photo by Claude Prutton, 1978;
2. CP 1640 at Montreal, QC., burned after a shop fire at Thunder Bay, ON. (3/20/1988). Photo by Ross Harrison, 1988. From the Bill Sanderson collection;
3. CP 1640 at Thunder Bay, ON., painted in the CP Rail no-Multimark paint scheme. Photo by Bill Sanderson, 2001;
4. CP 1640 at Winnipeg, MB., painted in the CP Rail no-Multimark paint scheme. Photo by A. Ross Harrison, 2012;
5. CP 1640 at Winnipeg, MB., painted in the CP Rail no-Multimark paint scheme. Photo by A. Ross Harrison, 2014.
Paint Data : CP Rail Small Multimark, 8" stripes > CP Rail no-Multimark
Notes : Built by GMD as GP9 #8653 (1957). Rebuilt by CP as GP9u, chop-nosed and renumbered to #1640 (1987). Retired (9/30/2011). Sent to SRY, New Westminster B.C., for parts salvage and scrapping.