CP 5509 AT PORT COQUITLAM, B.C.
Built by : GMD
Built in : 1966
Serial Number : A 2142
Class : DRF-30a2 QES
Paint Scheme : CP Rail Large Multimark
This Photo : Claude Prutton, 1977
Other Photos (chronological) :
1. CP 5509 at Alyth, Calgary AB., painted in the Maroon & Grey "Script" paint scheme. Photo by Bob Loat, 1967. From the Bill Sanderson collection;
2. CP 5509 at Smiths Falls, ON., painted in the CP Rail Small Multimark paint scheme. Photo by Bill Sanderson, 1984;
3. CP 5509 at Smiths Falls, ON., painted in the CP Rail Dual Flags paint scheme. Photo by Bill Sanderson, 1993;
4. CP 5509 at North Bend, B.C., painted in the CP Rail Dual Flags paint scheme. Photo by Mark Forseille, 1995;
5. DM&E 6091 at Rapid City, SD., painted in the Ex-CP Rail Dual Flags paint scheme. Photo by Bob Graham, 2000. From the Bill Sanderson collection.
Paint Data : Maroon & Grey "Script" > CP Rail Large Multimark, 5" stripes > CP Rail Small Multimark, 8" stripes > CP Rail Dual Flags
Notes : Upgraded to SD40-2 electrical specifications. Also equipped with a Q-Tron device for increased tractive effort. Sold to Dakota, Minnesota & Eastern (11/9/1999), became DME #6091.