CP 5780 AT PORT COQUITLAM, B.C.
Built by : GMD
Delivered in : 1978
Serial Number : A 3526
Class : DRF-30r
Paint Scheme : CP Rail Large Multimark
This Photo : Claude Prutton, 1978
Other Photos (chronological) :
1. CP 5780 at Thunder Bay, ON., painted in the CP Rail no-Multimark paint scheme, with Black/White end stripes. Photo by Bruce Chapman, 1989. From the Bill Sanderson collection;
2. CP 5780 at Thunder Bay, ON., painted in the CP Rail no-Multimark paint scheme. Photo by Bill Sanderson, 1991;
3. CP 5780 at Toronto, ON., painted in the CP Rail Dual Flags paint scheme. Photo by Gary R. Zuters, 1995. From the Bill Sanderson collection;
4. CP 5389 at Revelstoke, B.C., painted red with basic CP decals. Photo by W. van Schoonhoven, 2003.
Paint Data : CP Rail Large Multimark, 8" stripes > CP Rail no-Multimark* > CP Rail Dual Flags
* : Outshopped in August 1987 in CP Rail no-Multimark paint, but with Black & White rear end stripes. This treatment was found on three CP SD40-2's (#5601, #5653, and #5780). This was the result of the units being inside the Ogden paint shop when the Multimark was discontinued on August 11, 1987.
Notes : Formerly owned by Ontario Hydro. Transferred to CN (5/1996), became CN #5389. Re-acquired by CP (11/2000), and renumbered to CP #5389.