CP 9731 AT ALYTH, CALGARY AB.
Built by : General Electric
Built in : 2002 (delivered 1/2003)
Serial Number : 53961
Class : DRF-44
Paint Scheme : CPR Bio-Diesel
This Photo : Doug MacKenzie, 2009
Other Photos (chronological) :
1. CP 9731 at Port Coquitlam B.C., painted in the CPR Beaver paint scheme. Photo by Mark Forseille, 2003;
2. CP 9731 at Smiths Falls, ON., painted in the CPR Beaver paint scheme. Photo by Bill Sanderson, 2006;
3. CP 9731 at Alyth, Calgary AB., being prepared for repainting into the BioDiesel paint scheme. Photo by Doug MacKenzie, 2009;
4. CP 9731 at Smiths Falls, ON., painted in the ex-CPR BioDiesel paint scheme. Photo by John Soehner, 2010;
5. CP 9731 at Winnipeg, MB., painted in the ex-CPR BioDiesel paint scheme. Photo by A. Ross Harrison, 2013.
Paint data : CPR Beaver, dashed frame stripes > CPR Bio-Diesel, dashed frame stripes > ex-CPR BioDiesel
Notes : Bio-diesel test unit. In total, 6 AC4400CW units are testing with Bio-diesel fuel during the winter season of 2009-2010, mainly between Edmonton, AB., and Calgary, AB. Unit #9727 and 9731 were partially repainted at Calgary, AB. (11/2009) and lettered "Powered by Biodiesel blend - Canadian Pacific", with the addition of a small Government of Canada logo. At the end of the test, the units were put into regular service with BioDiesel decals removed, leaving the Canadian Pacific lettering in place.